TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Please read this document carefully.
Amazing! You’re actually reading the Terms and Conditions of Use. That’s really cool.
Once upon a time a man asked for a loan from a bank. When the bank gave him the inch-thick stack of documents to sign, he asked if he needed to read all the documents. The bank said if he was planning on repaying the loan he could sign them, but if he wasn’t planning on repaying he should read them very, very carefully.
Same here. No amount of legalese can protect me or you or anybody else against idiots or malicious people. So use good judgment. If you want to do or say something that may be questionable, DON’T DO IT.
We’re trying to create a community and enhance the web experience for everybody, so our word and the word of the community rules. Especially our word.
You may contact us using the email form on the Contact Us page.
Here’s the deal: We provide great information and resources on our site for your education and entertainment. Feel free to browse around the site, post comments, and download stuff, but please do so only for your own private, non-commercial use. All the stuff on the site is copyrighted, and yes, that includes pictures and videos. You can’t use or re-use any of the stuff on the site for your own public or commercial purposes.
Copyright is a big deal. Please don’t fool around with modifying, re-using, distributing, transmitting, or otherwise publicly using the content from the site without our prior written permission. And since it’s unlikely we’ll grant permission anyway, basically just don’t do it.
If you visit the site you are legally obligated to these terms and conditions as well as any other laws and regulations that apply to the site and to the internet in general. If that bothers you then please don’t use the site, because once you do you are giving your agreement to these terms.
Here are some important things you should know.
First, none of the content, products, and services should be considered as legal or professional advice, and all content, products, and services should be considered the author’s personal opinion.
Please check back often to review any updated terms and conditions. Here’s some formal language our attorney wants us to say (by the way, our attorney is VERY aggressive when it comes to protecting our rights. You do not want to hear from him).
1. You agree to not use this site or the information provided for ANY unlawful purpose.
2. Confidentiality and Trade Secrets: You acknowledge and agree that all content, products, services, and materials available on this site, including but not limited to systems, designs, wording, colors, graphics, and slogans are proprietary trade secrets protected by copyright, trademark, service mark, patents, or other proprietary rights and by other laws, and that their use is restricted by the terms of this agreement. Unauthorized use of the content, products, services, and materials for any purpose without prior written permission from us is strictly prohibited. You further agree that you will refrain from creating any derivative works of this site or the products, services, and materials contained within.
3. Disclaimer: We make no warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, concerning the materials or information on this site. Further, we do not warrant that transmission of materials will not be interrupted, nor do we warrant that the materials will contain no errors or that they will be accurate. We do not warrant that the site itself or the server from which it forwards its data will be free of viruses or anything else that might be harmful, nor do we warrant that any defects will be corrected. You alone assume all risks associated with the use of the site, including the full cost of any necessary repair or service to your computer. By using the site you waive any claim whatsoever which may arise from your use, whether intended or not, of any other site. This waiver specifically includes any claim arising a product and/or service which you purchase from any site, and any claim of security of information (including but not limited to credit card information) which you use on this site. In Addition we assume no responsibility for any content which you find on sites that link either to or from the Site. This includes responsibility for the accuracy or compliance with any laws and for any viruses or other harmful things which may be contained in the site. We are not responsible should any site link you to a site which you find offensive. We do not endorse or warrant the quality of any goods you buy from any site other than our site. We shall not be liable in any way whatsoever, including but not limited to negligence, for any special or consequential damages resulting from either your use of the site or your inability to use the site or from your use of any site linked from or to the site. This limitation includes any circumstance in which we or our representatives have been advised of potential liability. Certain applicable laws may not allow all the limitations of liability herein described. Should that be the case our total liability to you for losses, damages, causes of action, and/or negligence shall not exceed the total amount paid by you (if any) to access the site.
4. You understand that by entering your name and email address on the newsletter entry page that you are subscribing to a free, no-obligation advice email newsletter. This newsletter is offered as a free service by us and no purchase is necessary. On occasion, subscribers have had trouble removing themselves from this free email newsletter subscription list. If you have trouble either subscribing or unsubscribing, you may use the Contact Us page for personal attention. By entering this website, you agree that you wish to be subscribed to this email newsletter and that you will make no threats and take no additional action against us. In the event that you are unhappy that you subscribed or are not able to remove yourself from this free email mailing list, and you agree that the small inconvenience of receiving this unwanted newsletter will cause you no personal, emotional, or financial harm whatsoever. You agree that you have opted-in to receive our newsletter by providing your first name and email address on our site. If you do not wish to receive our newsletter you understand that you can simply click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the newsletter. If you need further assistance please use the Contact Us page, or write us at 21 ‘C’ Orinda Way #236, Orinda, CA 94563.
5. Notice about testimonials or emails from readers: Testimonials and emails from readers are all true, reflect the opinions and experiences of real users, and are submitted to us voluntarily by subscribers and other interested parties. If you would like to submit a testimonial or email to us (and we certainly encourage you to do so, along with a picture!), you agree that it becomes our exclusive property, which includes the rights to reproduce, edit (for length but not general content), and/or publish the testimonial, which may include your name or initials as well as your city/state. Some customers that have submitted testimonials may have received our products or services as a “thank you” in appreciation for the time they invested to write or record their testimonials.
6. This website is not intended to be viewed by minors or any one under the age of 18. By entering this site you are agreeing that you are over the age of 18.
7. If you don’t want the world to know about something, don’t post it to the site. Especially contact or personal information. We sometimes, but not always, listen in on posts, comments, forums, and discussion groups who post content to the site. But we are in no way responsible or liable for the content of these posts and comments, especially when it comes to errors and/or omissions, falsehoods, libel, obscenity, pornography, nasty or mean content or any other illegal or criminal stuff. If you post something to the site that we don’t like we reserve the right to remove it and/or to ban you permanently from the site (and we most certainly will!) without recourse or discussion.
8. Please play nice, observe the rules, and keep the site enjoyable for everybody.